We’re celebrating Fairtrade Fortnight in the Delights Kitchen. Fairtrade Fortnight takes place from 28 February – 13 March 2011. It is the Fairtrade Foundation’s annual awareness raising campaign to promote the difference that Fairtrade makes to millions of people in developing countries.
Fairtrade is about
- Better prices
- Decent working conditions
- Local sustainability
- Fair terms of trade for farmers and workers in the developing world.
By requiring companies to pay sustainable prices (which never fall below the market price), Fairtrade addresses the injustices of conventional trade, which traditionally discriminates against the poorest, weakest producers. It enables them to improve their position and have more control over their lives.
At Delights by Cynthia we bake and decorate our cakes using fairtrade ingredients . This includes
- The different types of sugar in our cakes
- The cocoa in all our cakes and buttercream
- The chocolate in our ganache
- The fruit in our Banana Cake and Orange and Poppyseed Cake
- The ginger in our Ginger Cake
We would rather select the best produce and ingredients with a fair price for than to choose a cheaper option.
When you sit down to enjoy your delicious Delights by Cynthia cake, be sure to have it with some fairtrade tea, coffee or wine.