Sometimes when I’m in the Delights Kitchen, I bake in silence. All you will hear is the gentle whirring of the fan assisted oven or Penelope as she mixes the latest batch of cakes, cupcakes or buttercream.
There are other days or evenings where I like to liven things up; where I like to Bake and Shake. On these days, I like a bit of music in the background; I sing along, and if the mood takes me, I’ll dance.
So here’s what I’ve been doing the Bake and Shake to, recently…
- Deelite – Groove is in the heart (it is Dee-lite, after all)
- QuincyJones – Soul Bossa Nova (yeah, baby)
- Boston– More than a feelin’
- Kirk Frankin – Stomp
- Reef-Place your hands (I’m married to a great drummer, this is one of his favourites)
- Jackson5 – Can you feel it
- B-52s – Love Shack
- Paul McCartney – We all stand together (indulge me, why don’t you)
- The Clash – Rock the Casbar
- Neil Diamond – Sweet Caroline
That’s me. Do you bake and shake (surely, I can’t be the only one)? If so, I’d love to hear what you listen to, when you get your bake on. Also any suggestions for what I should add to my playlist.